Welcome to MSU Great Falls @MSUGF Twitter!
Twitter is a real-time information network that connects you to the latest stories, ideas, opinions and news about what you find interesting. Simply find the accounts you find most compelling and follow the conversations.
At the heart of Twitter are small bursts of information called Tweets. Each Tweet is 140 characters long, but don’t let the small size fool you—you can discover a lot in a little space. You can see photos, videos and conversations directly in Tweets to get the whole story at a glance, and all in one place. You can also think of tweeting like sending e-mails although it is much more powerful then that as it can connect you to friends, ideas, or interests quickly. Twitter is free to use as long as you have a valid email address.
The following links will get you started with Twitter, setting up an account, choosing @MSUGF to follow, and how to send us tweets!
- Click on Tweet to @MSUGF button.
- Click Sign up.
- Enter your Full Name, your Email address, and a password .
- select a username – type your own or choose the one suggested by Twitter. The system will tell you if the one you want is available. (Usernames are unique identifiers on Twitter.)
- Double-check your name, email address, password, and username.
- Click Create my account. (You may be asked to complete a Captcha to let us know that you're human.)
- Next, you just need to begin finding and following accounts that interest you. Following others means you are subscribing to their Tweets.
- Be sure to check your email that you provided as well. You will receive a verfication email from twitter. Simply click on the link in the email provided to confirm your account.
Tips for picking a username:
- Your username is the name your followers use when sending @replies, mentions, and direct messages.
- It will also form the URL of your Twitter profile page. We'll provide a few available suggestions when you sign up, but feel free to choose your own.
- Please note: You can change your username in your account settings at any time, as long as the new username is not in use.
- Usernames must be fewer than 15 characters in length, and cannot contain 'admin' or 'twitter' in order to avoid brand confusion.
Important information about your email address:
- An email address can only be tied to one Twitter account at a time in our system.
- The email address you use on your Twitter account is not publicly visible to others on Twitter.
- We use the email you enter to confirm your new Twitter account. Be sure to enter an email address that you actively use. Check your inbox for a confirmation message to make sure you signed up for your account correctly.
1. If you are not already logged in, log into your Twitter Account
2. Click on the Follow @MSUGF button.
Note: If you are already following @MSUGF the button will be greyed out to you.
Once you are following @msugf you can send tweets to us very easily.
1. Click on the Tweet to @MSUGF button.
2. Log into your account in twitter if you are not logged in already. (You should only have to log in once).
3. A new window will pop up on your screen allowing you to type and send your message to us. Type your message or question and then click on Tweet and we will receive your tweet.