- Select the cells that should be editable by everyone > right-click on the selection > click "format cells".
- Click on the "Protection" tab, uncheck "Locked", and click "Ok".
- Select the cells that should be editable by specific users.
- Click on the Review tab and then on "Allow Edit Ranges". Click "New".
- Set a password in the "Range password" field and click "Ok".
- Click on "Permissions".
- Click on "Add".
- Type the person's name in the box and click on "Check Names". If the user is found the name will change and will be underlined. You can add multiple people from this screen. When finished, click "Ok".
- Next to "Edit range without a password", check the box that says "Allow".
- Click "Ok" at the bottom of the window.
- Now click on "Protect Sheet", enter a secure password, and click "Ok".
Modified on: Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 8:46 AM
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.