With the new Instructor Widget instructors fill out a simple form in each of their courses and upload their picture right from within the widget. Before the form is filled out, the students see a message letting them know that their instructor will update their contact information soon. Below are instructions for using the new Instructor Widget and information about what the students will see.
Filling Out The Form
- Click on "Choose File" to select a picture from your computer to display in your instructor widget. We recommend using a picture that is at least 300px wide for the best results.
- Enter your details as you want them to display: (None of the fields are required, so if you want to include everything in the bio section, or exclude office hours, you can. Also, any fields you leave blank will be excluded when the completed form displays to the students.)
- Email Address
- Phone Number(s)
- Office Number
- Office Hours
- Brief Biography
- When you are finished, click on the "Save Info" button.
- Refresh the page in your web browser to see the updated information.
Editing The Form
- To edit the form, click on the "Edit" button.
- The original form will become visible and you can edit/add/delete any details you'd like.
- If you'd like to change the picture, please refer to the section "Starting Over" below.
If you'd like to start over, you can do so easily by clicking on the "Delete Info" button. Once the "Delete Info" button is pressed all of the widget information previously entered will be deleted along with the picture.
Note: If you'd like to upload a different picture, please select "Delete Info" and fill out the form again with the new picture.
Once the form has been filled out by the instructor, the students will see a welcome message with their first name, the instructor's picture, and any details the instructor has included in the form.
Note: If you experience any trouble with the Instructor Widget, please contact Wayne Breau in the Technology Assistance Center.