Brightspace Pulse displays the following activity categories, which are mapped from data in Brightspace Learning Environment:
- Assignment - mapped from an assignment, discussion forum/topic, checklist, or survey
- Evaluation - mapped from a quiz or grade item
- Reading - mapped from a content topic
- To-Do - personal checklist created in Brightspace Pulse by the learner
To view an activity
From the activity list, tap an activity to display more details.
- Activity Title and Course.
Tip: You can easily distinguish between personal activities you created in Brightspace Pulse and activities created by your instructors in Brightspace Learning Environment. A personal activity is identified by a Personal label:
- Activity details:
- Date due.
- Grade worth. This value is initially empty and must be set by the learner.
- Activity notes, for example, special instructions for an assignment.
- Tap Open in Safari (iOS) or Open in Browser (Android) to open the activity in Brightspace Learning Environment, for example, an exam in the Quizzes tool.
- Tap Edit to edit the activity details.
Note: When editing an activity created in Brightspace Learning Environment, the Title and Grade worth fields are the only editable fields.
To filter by courses and activities
You can see important dates in the graph and activity list by filtering by one or more courses and activities. For example, you can filter by a specific course and assignment activities to display outstanding work. By default, filtering is on for all courses and activity types; however, filtering is off for graded activities (Show graded activities only is unchecked).
Note: Filters are retained after closing Brightspace Pulse; however, logging out or clearing the app returns to the default settings.
- Tap the Course filter icon:
- Tap the courses and/or activities you want to filter by. A check mark indicates that filtering is on for the course or activity, displaying that data in the graph and activity list.
- Tap Done (iOS) or swipe to the left (Android).